Marine windlasses come with a motor, anchor chain wheel, winch drum, an anchor chain wheel, and a support. With the winch drum mounted on the support, the motor is connected to the anchor sprocket and the winch drum’s main shaft through the gear transmission chain, a standby drum is mounted at the rear of the support, the standby drum and the winch drum are disposed concentrically, and a clutch is attached between the standby drum and the winch drum.
Utility model windlass boat anchors are also equipped with a standby drum, which improves not only the vessel’s ability to rescue and construct, but also its safety performance.
Marine Anchor Windlass Application
Windlasses for marine anchors are primarily intended to stabilize the position of a ship while anchoring. It controls the ship’s speed and rotation during mooring maneuvers. Contains a prime mover, a reducer, a clutch, a winch, a chain disk, brakes, and control devices.
Marine Windlass Types
There are two types of windows: horizontal and vertical. Most commercial ships have horizontal windlasses.
Anchor winches are also referred to as vertical windlasses. Since their power part is under the deck, they take up little deck space. Vertical windlasses are usually found on warships. Because large ships have relatively large windlasses, the bow deck is unfavorable for the operation, so vertical windlasses are often used instead.
Marine Windlass Feature
- Drum transmission structure: two-stage gear reduction transmission mode is used.
- Directly driving the drum is the coupling. Wire ropes can easily be replaced or rotated in a different direction by changing their direction of rotation.
- Wire rope fixation: install a Pt screw on the drum, which is safer than ordinary wire rope fixation. It prevents the steel wire rope from escaping.
- Electromagnetic braking is used for braking. Choose brake pads that are wear-resistant. It is simple and does not require clearance adjustment. The brake will start automatically when the power is turned off. It can control the drop distance for heavy loads, which is safe and reliable.
- Gearbox: made of nodular cast iron fcd-45# steel. Durable and rigid.
- Special motor: insulation type B, large starting torque, small inertia, low-temperature rise, and can work frequently for a long time.
- High-quality steel is used for the transmission device. Precision machining and heat treatment are required. Among its characteristics are wear resistance, low noise, high driving efficiency, and good performance.
- Machine fixture: standard channel steel welding. Used in construction sites, warehouses, ports, etc.
Windlass supporting products
Marine windlasses and anchoring gear are also called anchoring gear. Refers to the ship’s marine chain stopper, anchor chain, windlass, anchor and ancillary equipment.
Marine chain stopper
Anchor chain stoppers are designed to prevent anchor chains from directly pulling on the windlass by quickly securing the chain.
Anchor chains are clamped by chain stoppers to prevent them from slipping when the ship sails or anchors. They are also called anchor chain stoppers or chain stoppers. The chain stopper must withstand a load equivalent to the anchor chain, and its stress should not exceed 90% of its yield strength. Under these conditions, the chain stopper should be able to withstand 80% of the minimum breaking load of the chain that passes through it.
It is attached between the windlass and chain cylinder and separate from the chain wheel. As the anchor is retracted and anchored, the anchor chain and anchor pull force will not be transmitted to the anchor sprocket wheel. Chain stoppers include spiral chain stoppers, lever chain stoppers, tongue type chain stoppers, devil’s claw, and roller knife chain stoppers.
Marine Anchor Chain
Marine anchor chains connect the anchor to the hull, and are used to transfer and buffer external forces. Anchor chains may also cause friction.
Our company can provide class I, class II, class III, and class IV marine anchor chains; R3, r3s, R4, r4s, R5 mooring chains.
- Chain manufacturing range: 22mm ~ 182mm.
- Anchor chainring: 6D * 3.6d (d refers to the diameter of anchor chain body)CCS, BV, LR, ABS, NK, Kr, DNV-GL, Rina, RMRS, IRS, and other certificates can be provided.
- Safely loaded and breaking shall refer to the gbt549-2017 national standard for electric welding anchor chains.
About the classification of anchor chains
Chains can be classified into two types based on the type of link they have: gear chains and non-gear chains. When the chain size and material are the same, the chain with a chain has greater strength, deformation is small, and it does not twist when stacked, so it is widely used on seagoing ships. Chains without gears are generally found on small boats.
Based on the manufacturing method, anchor chains can be divided into cast steel anchor chains, electric welded anchor chains, and forged anchor chains. Three steel grades are used in the production of geared anchor chains: AM1, AM2, and AM3. AM1 anchor chain steel is killed steel, AM2 anchor chain steel is killed fine-grained steel. The chain link size can be reduced appropriately if strong steel is chosen for the same ship.
Anchor chain links are categorized into ordinary links, large anchor chains, swivels, chain-end shackles, chain-end links, end links, and connecting links depending on their functions.
Ships have a braking system composed of windlasses, anchor chains, and ship anchors.
Anchors are shaped to snap into the subsoil when thrown into the water to provide grip. Special equipment for keeping ships or other floating systems in predetermined waters by means of a chain or cable attached to the top. The anchor is one of the main parts of the anchor equipment that produces the holding force. Anchor in the shape of a special, usually made from forged steel or cast steel. Anchor consists of an anchor bar and anchor body. Anchor body by the anchor ring (or anchor shackle), dry anchor (anchor shank), an anchor, anchor arm, a fluke.
According to the specification of fitting-out of selection, a ship must carry the number and weight of anchors. It can also be determined by the ship’s displacement, the water windage area, the appendage resistance, the anchoring depth, and the chain length. Anchors, in a small anchor, do not make specific provisions. Ships generally have three main anchors (two box anchors and one spare anchor). As a result of the small superstructure of the boat, submarine anchors are short-handled so as to avoid layout difficulties. An anchor must be able to reach the maximum holding power under the rated weight and must be able to quickly engage in various subsoil conditions under any drop condition. When the anchor is lifted, it is easy to escape the soil. Anchor chains, anchor holes or anchor frames work well with it.
The bow anchors commonly used on merchant ships are all rodless anchors, while stern anchors are sometimes used with rod anchors or dovetail anchors.
Instant Quote Online
Dear friend, you can submit your pressing need online, our staff will promptly get in touch with you. If you have any questions, consult our customer service through online chat or telephone in a timely fashion. Thank you for your request online.