Aluminum rod for boats is a kind of aluminum product. The melting and casting of aluminum rod includes melting, purification, impurity removal, degassing, slag removal and casting process. According to the different metal elements contained in aluminum rods, aluminum rods can be roughly divided into 8 categories.
Aluminum is the most abundant metal element on earth, and its reserves are the first among metals.
It wasn’t until the end of the 19th century that aluminum emerged as a competitive metal in engineering applications and became all the rage.
The development of the three important industries of aviation, construction and automobiles requires the material properties to have the unique properties of aluminum and its alloys, which is greatly beneficial to the production and application of this new metal-aluminum.
8 categories Aluminum Rod
According to the different metal elements contained in the aluminum rod, the aluminum rod can be roughly divided into 8 categories, that is, it can be divided into 9 series:
1. 1000 series aluminum rods represent 1050, 1060 and 1100 series. Among all the series, the 1000 series belongs to the series with the most aluminum content. The purity can reach more than 99.00%. Since it does not contain other technical elements, the production process is relatively simple and the price is relatively cheap.
It is the most commonly used series in conventional industries. Most of the circulating on the market are 1050 and 1060 series. 1000 series aluminum rods determine the minimum aluminum content of this series according to the last two Arabic numerals. For example, the last two Arabic numerals of 1050 series are 50.
According to the international brand naming principle, the aluminum content must reach more than 99.5% to be qualified products.
2. 2000 series aluminum rods represent 2A16 (LY16), 2A02 (LY6). 2000 series aluminum rods are characterized by high hardness, among which the copper content is the highest, about 3-5%. 2000 series aluminum rods belong to aviation aluminum materials, which are not often used in conventional industries.
2024 is a typical hard aluminum alloy in the aluminum-copper-magnesium series. It is a heat-treatable alloy with high strength, easy processing, easy turning, and general corrosion resistance.
After heat treatment (T3, T4, T351), the mechanical properties of 2024 aluminum bars are significantly improved. The T3 state parameters are as follows: tensile strength 470MPa, 0.2% yield strength 325MPa, elongation: 10%, fatigue strength 105MPa, hardness 120HB.
The main uses of 2024 aluminum rods: aircraft structures, rivets, truck hubs, propeller assemblies and various other structural parts
3. 3000 series aluminum rods mainly represent 3003 and 3A21. 3000 series aluminum rods are mainly composed of manganese. The content is between 1.0-1.5, which is a series with better anti-rust function.
4. 4000 series aluminum rods The aluminum rods represented by 4A01 4000 series belong to the series with higher silicon content. Usually the silicon content is between 4.5-6.0%. It belongs to building materials, mechanical parts, forging materials, welding materials; low melting point, good corrosion resistance, product description: It has the characteristics of heat resistance and wear resistance
5. 5000 series aluminum rods represent 5052, 5005, 5083, 5A05 series. 5000 series aluminum rods belong to the more commonly used alloy aluminum rod series, the main element is magnesium, and the magnesium content is between 3-5%.
Also known as aluminum-magnesium alloy. The main features are low density, high tensile strength and high elongation. Under the same area, the weight of aluminum-magnesium alloy is lower than that of other series, and it is also widely used in conventional industries.
Gosea Marine 5000 series aluminum rods are one of the more mature aluminum rod series.
6. 6000 series aluminum rods represent that 6061 and 6063 mainly contain magnesium and silicon, so the advantages of 4000 series and 5000 series are concentrated. 6061 is a cold-treated aluminum forging product, suitable for applications with high requirements for corrosion resistance and oxidation. . Good workability, easy to coat, and good workability.
7, 7000 series aluminum rods on behalf of 7075 mainly contain zinc. It also belongs to the aviation series. It is an aluminum-magnesium-zinc-copper alloy, a heat-treatable alloy, and a super-hard aluminum alloy with good wear resistance.
8. 8000 series aluminum rods The more commonly used ones are 8011, which belong to other series, most of which are used for aluminum foil, and are not commonly used in the production of aluminum rods.
How to Choose the Best Boat Aluminum Rods for Your Vessel
Choosing the best aluminum boat rods for your vessel is not an easy task. It takes a lot of research, time and money to find the right ones.
The easiest way to find the best aluminum boat rods for your vessel is by checking out reviews from other people who have bought them before.
If you are not sure what kind of boat aluminum rod you need, then it’s best to consult with a professional who specializes in yacht and boat manufacturing or a marine engineer.
Instant Quote Online
Dear friend, you can submit your pressing need online, our staff will promptly get in touch with you. If you have any questions, consult our customer service through online chat or telephone in a timely fashion. Thank you for your request online.