Marine Centrifugal Pump
Marine centrifugal pumps are often needed to transport water, oil, and other liquids in ship power systems and ship systems. The working principle of a centrifugal pump is to convert the mechanical energy of high-speed rotation of a motor into kinetic energy and potential energy of the promoted liquid, which is a process of energy transfer and transformation.
How Does a Marine Centrifugal Pump Work？
When the marine centrifugal pump works, the impeller rotates at a high speed. The liquid in the impeller is pushed by the blade and rotates with the impeller. Under the action of centrifugal force, the liquid is thrown out from the center of the impeller. Then the pump shell flow channel with a gradually expanding section is collected, and most of the kinetic energy is converted into pressure energy through the diffuser, which is discharged from the discharge pipe.
At the same time, a certain vacuum is formed in the center of the impeller. The liquid is sucked into the centrifugal pump impeller through the suction pipe under the effect of pressure difference. Therefore, as long as the impeller can maintain uniform rotation. The centrifugal pump marine insight can continuously inhale and discharge liquid, maintaining the normal operation of the pump.
Features of Marine Centrifugal Pump
- The base of the marine centrifugal pump generally forms a common base together with the motor, which is mostly made of cast iron. The base is equipped with a bearing seat for installing bearings to support the pump shaft. Both ends of the bearing seat are equipped with bearing covers and installed on the base with bolts. An oil filling hole is arranged on the bearing seat or cover for filling grease to the bearing. Note: do not add lubricating oil.
- The pump casing (volute) is mostly made of cast iron and fixed on the base with bolts. The pump casing is equipped with a diffuser and shaft seal box, and the top is equipped with a vent valve. It is used to vent air when filling the pump, and a water drain cock is set at the bottom to vent water when the pump is stopped when the temperature is lower than zero to prevent freezing crack of the pump.
- The shaft seal box is equipped with a water seal ring and packing inside and packing gland outside, which is used to compress the packing and seal the pump shell.
- The pump shaft is supported by a bearing and installed on the base. One end is equipped with an impeller and the other end is equipped with a coupling. It is driven by the prime mover to drive the impeller to rotate.
- The impeller, made of bronze, brass, or cast iron, is installed on the pump shaft, located in the pump housing, and the outer end is fixed by the impeller fixing device. Impeller fixing nuts are mostly left-hand threads to prevent repeated starting and loosening due to inertia.
- The sealing ring is made of copper alloy or phenolic resin. It is divided into a moving ring and a static ring. The moving ring is installed on the impeller and the static ring is installed on the pump shell for sealing between the pump shell and the suction inlet.
Water,Oil,Gas,Acid and alkali corrosion liquid
Carbon steel,Ductile iron,Bronze,Stainless steel
Structure of Centrifugal Pump Marine Insight
- Casting blank high precision, small deformation, good appearance quality, but also to have dense internal quality and good
- metallography structure, reduce the porosity, shrinkage, and cracks and other defects can ensure the service life of the valve.
- Advanced production equipment, to ensure that the valve sealing face in the processing accuracy with Angle finish and matching sealing pair requirements.
- The assembly equipment is advanced and the personnel is excellent. Before leaving the factory, each product is tested for the performance and quality of the pressure seal.
Types of Marine Sea Water Centrifugal Pump
- PF strong corrosion-resistant centrifugal pump is an energy-saving centrifugal pump developed for strong corrosive media without particles. Pf strong corrosion-resistant centrifugal pump has the advantages of high mechanical strength, good corrosion resistance, energy-saving, and environmental protection, wide application, convenient maintenance, and can transport a variety of strong acids and.
- CIS series marine horizontal centrifugal pump is a high-efficiency and energy-saving product designed according to the unique structural combination of CIS centrifugal pump and vertical pump. The horizontal centrifugal pump is optimized by a domestic advanced hydraulic model. The horizontal centrifugal pump also derives hot water centrifugal pump, high-temperature centrifugal pump, chemical centrifugal pump, and oil pump based on CIS centrifugal pump according to different service temperature and medium. It is a finalized and promoted product of national standards at present.
- AY single-stage and two-stage centrifugal pump series are reformed and redesigned on the basis of the old Y-type centrifugal oil pump series. The marine centrifugal pump is a new product developed to meet the needs of modernization and adapt to the renewal of energy-saving equipment as soon as possible.
Instant Quote Online
Dear friend, you can submit your pressing need online, our staff will promptly get in touch with you. If you have any questions, consult our customer service through online chat or telephone in a timely fashion. Thank you for your request online.