Marine Gate Valve
Marine gate valves are open and close piece valves. The direction of the gate movement is perpendicular to the direction of the fluid. The gate valve can only be opened and closed fully, cannot be adjusted or throttled. Normally, the sealing surface on gate valves will be made of surfacing metal materials in order to increase the wear resistance, such as surfacing 1Cr13, STL6, stainless steel, etc. Depending on the type of gate, the gate valve is divided into rigid gate valves and elastic gate valves.
The gate valve is constructed of cast iron, cast steel, and cast copper. It is suitable for applications requiring low flow resistance and low medium pressure, as well as large diameter pipelines for seawater, freshwater, fuel oil, and lubricating oil.
Structure of Marine Gate Valve
Marine gate valves have a wedge-shaped gate and a box-shaped valve body. During closing, the protruding part of the side surface seals, guides, and prevents swing;
There are trapezoidal threads on the lower end of the valve stem, tapered threads on the upper end, and a stop shoulder in the middle. In the gate, the upper thread meshes with the valve opening and closing indicator, while the lower thread meshes with the square nut. The valve stem rotates when the handwheel is turned. Due to the restriction of the middle stop shoulder, the valve stem cannot be moved upward or downward. To open and close the medium passage, the gate plate is moved up and down along the valve stem by the square nut.
Features of Marine Gate Valve
- According to the design, the gate valve’s surface is fully coated with top-quality rubber, which results in the valve’s high flexibility, long service life, and zero leakage.
- At the bottom of the valve body, the non-groove has a small local resistance, preventing water leakage and dirt accumulation damage.
- Spraying the cavity of the valve body prevents corrosion and incrustation after long term use, preventing secondary pollution, so it is environmental protection and pollution-free production.
- The valve does not need to be unloaded from a pipe in use, allowing quick online maintenance.
- Installing it is easy. As well as being suitable for constrained spaces, it is also widely used for foodstuffs, medicine, plumbing work, architecture, and fire fighting, etc, and is highly regarded by users.
Advantage of Our Marine Valve
- By casting blanks with high precision, small deformations, and good appearance quality, but also by having a dense internal structure and good metallography, a valve’s service life can be extended.
- Using advanced production equipment, to ensure valve sealing face accuracy with angle finish and matching sealing pair requirements.
- Assembly equipment is advanced, and the personnel are excellent. Pressure seals are tested before leaving the factory for performance and quality.
- Gate valves have the following advantages over globe valves: small size, short assembly length between flanges, low flow resistance of the medium, and installation direction is not restricted.
As a result, higher pressures cannot be applied to the sealing surface between the gate plate and the valve seat in the gate valve because it is difficult to manufacture and easy to wear.
Instant Quote Online
Dear friend, you can submit your pressing need online, our staff will promptly get in touch with you. If you have any questions, consult our customer service through online chat or telephone in a timely fashion. Thank you for your request online.